ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Schmitt" <sschm...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: depricated "args" vs. current "arg" in java command
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:50:26 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
Subject: Re: depricated "args" vs. current "arg" in java command
> well, you are right, and I can't remember the original post, but Pete's
> version would be the analog of the old args attribute with
> args="-dir ${basedir}/${build.dir}". The args attribute splits the
> arguments at spaces - as well as the line attribute of <arg>.

Ok. I think that I misunderstood the problem. You are right. Chris wrote in
its original post that he calls something from Weblogic, which doesn't
recognize the -dir option. Pete's solution should work. Chris uses in his
old xml the args attribute and so the Weblogic application gets three
attributes. In his new script he uses two times the <arg> task and this
causes that only two parameters are send to the Weblogic application. If
Chris changes his xml to
<arg value="-dir"/>
<arg value="${basedir}/${build.dir}"/>
<arg value="${basedir}/${build.dir}/${descriptor.raw}"/>
or
<arg line="-dir ${basedir}/${build.dir}
${basedir}/${build.dir}/${descriptor.raw}"/>
it should work.

Yours
Stefan S