ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Delsaux" <nicolas.dels...@free.fr>
Subject Re: ANT & Emacs
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:18:11 GMT
The method I use in TextPad is quite convenient : You make in each directory
an ant file which simply calls the master script with goods options : doc
making, jar making, and so on. By this means, you can easily configure your
ant build and accessing it in every folder.
----- Original Message -----
From: <Christian.Lauer@deka.lu>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: ANT & Emacs

Hi,

I'm using ant in a project and I'm very satisfied with it and it's strong
capabilities. Nice job so far!!

My editor of choice is gnu emacs ;-).

My problem on that combination is, that I always have to switch to a buffer
that I'm not able to simply invoke ant by the compile command in emacs,
because the build.xml is only in the root directory of the project. So when
I like to build, I always have to switch to the build.xml (or anothe file in
its directory) and invoke the compile command on emacs. This is not very
convinient. Does anybody know a better solution?

Regards,
Christian

DekaBank (Luxemburg) S.A.
6C, route de Trèves