ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dan MacKay" <dan.mac...@kingston.hummingbird.com>
Subject RE: Ant on Linux
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:11:03 GMT
Hi Weigi,

Here is what I have done and the setup I have:

I logged in as root and installed
	ant in /usr/local/bin/ant from the latest jakarta-ant-bin.tar.gz
	jaxp in /usr/local/jaxp1.0.1

This is the .bash_profile:

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/jtest/bin:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/jdk1.3
BASH_ENV=$home/.bashrc
USERNAME=""

ANT_HOME=/usr/local/bin/ant
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3
XML_HOME=/usr/local/jaxp1.0.1

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/local/bin/junit3/junit.jar:$XML_HOME/jaxp.jar:$XML
_HOME/parser.jar

and then I export all the variables

When I attempt to run ant I consistently get the following error:

Couldn't find or load essential class 'java/lang/object'
java.lan.NoClassDefFoundError java/lang/object
usr/local/bin/ant/bin: line 1411 aborted

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan