Hi all,

Just started getting into Ant - excellent tool so far - though the way copies and deletes fail silently if the files in question don't exist is upsetting.

One of the things that attracted me was the support for BEA Weblogic - however I'm having trouble with some container manager beans...

the

<ejbjar>
        <weblogic>

element is assuming this structure

META-INF/
        ejb-jar.xml
        weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
        weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml

Beans produced with the Visual Cafe deployer tool have this format and work fine in ant.

However the new weblogic deployer tool (weblogic 5.1 service pack 6) is producing this layout:

META-INF/
        ejb-jar.xml
        weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
        WL-CMP-TYPES/
                CMP_Weblogic_CMP_RDBMS123456789012.xml

where the number seems to be a sequence, sometimes it makes a new one and leaves the
old one in place.

Both    weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml and CMP_Weblogic_CMP_RDBMS123456789012.xml seem
to have the same format, and its a simple matter to re-arrange things and edit
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml by hand to point to the old location... but...

I was wondering:

i) is anyone else seeing this - is hand editing a safe thing to do?

ii) do the ant nightlies handle this issue? Are they stable at present?

Andrew Thompson    :: A little bigger on the inside
Software Developer :: Quidnunc
I am the cat who walks through walls, all places and all times are alike to me.