ant-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Alfert <alf...@udo.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
Subject Re: Anon CVS
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:38:42 GMT

K> Hi
K> Can anyone think why i am unable to access the anoncvs repository
K> when I enter the following( with anoncvs as the password:

K> (my cvs client is installed okay)

K> C:\>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
K> (Logging in to anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org)
K> CVS password:
K> cvs [login aborted]: connect to jakarta.apache.org:2401 failed: No route to host

Chances are high, that you are behind a firewall. An easy check would
be a ping to jakarta.apache.org, but a positive answer does not imply
that you are enabled to use the cvs protocoll. Perhaps you can ask
your friendly sysop or your internet provider?

Klaus.
Klaus Alfert                          alfert@ls10.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Software Technology                   +49+231+755-4812
CS Department, University Dortmund