ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: broken build problem with relative path to ant.jar
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:50:23 GMT
Luke Taylor <negaton@freesurf.ch> wrote:

> So it seems to be trying to make use of the classpath use to run
> ant, and tring to resolve it relative to the basedir,

yes, that is exactly what is happening. The content of java.class.path
is appended to the CLASSPATH that javac is invoked with.

Ant doesn't really see that you've specified this path outside the
build file and Ant now always interprets a relative path as being
relative to the project's basedir. Wherever it finds one.

> Any suggestions on what might be causing this and how I can get it
> to work?

Not using relative paths in your scripts that invoke Ant?

I don't know whether this is an option for you. Maybe set an
environment variable that points to the directory containing the jar
files and use ${BASE}/javac.jar in the CLASSPATH?

Stefan