ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: do refids and properties in sub-projects persist in main probject?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:22:51 GMT
Jason Rosenberg <jason@squaretrade.com> wrote:

> If from a main project, I call a sub-project via the 'ant' task,
> and in that subproject I define properties and refids, etc.,
> will the calling project then know about them?

No. Properties flow from the calling project to the called project but
not vice versa, references are not copied over at all.

> I am trying to find a way to initialize things in a standard
> way for all my projects, by calling a common init sub-project.

I'd suggest to use SYSTEM entities and "include" a common XML snippet,
see <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=97375741511783&w=2>
for an example (it is in the FAQ as well, but hasn't been approved
yet).

> I am trying to use a single properties file, which defines things
> like JAVA_HOME, etc.

JAVA_HOME needs to be an environment variable, you cannot set it as a
property.

Stefan