ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exec args and quotes
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:21:08 GMT
Doug Oldfield <DougO@STCG.net> wrote:

> In a previous reply you stated, "quotes will only be used in very
> rare occasions." But from this reply - and from my experience - it
> seems that quotes are always used with the 'value' attribute.

only if the value contains whitespace or single quotes - which is a
rare occasion in my build files 8-).

> I tried passing escaped quotes to arg like so:
>
> <arg line="-doctitle \"Multiple Word Document Title\"" />

You know you can use multiple <arg> elements?

Make that

<arg value="-doctitle" />
<arg value="Multiple Word Document Title" />

and it should work. Ant won't use quotes around -doctitle BTW.

And to include quotes - and make the XML parser happy - use &quot;
instead of \". Not necessary in this case.

Stefan