ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Extended Copy Command
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:35:26 GMT
<puzzle@puzzlepalace.com> wrote:

> What I want is to be able to have a task (like <copy> ) but that
> will, when finished, hand a list of files copied to another task
> <java> maybe for further processing. It could do this either as one
> large list at the end or on a file by file basis as each is copied.

Not without writing a task of your own, when we are talking at this
general level of things. What would probably be the easiest thing to
do, is having a task that makes a PatternSet object from the files in
question (just add an include pattern for each file) and generate a
reference to that in the project.

Later use <patternset refid="assigned.id" /> in javac.

> The reason is that I am using the log4j logging package in my
> project and would like to be able to have ant control passing each
> file that is going to be compiled (and hence copied to the build dir
> first - at least in my build files) to an external process (java /
> perl maybe) to scan the file and remove all log4j calls first (for a
> production run)

Wait for me to get my act for the transform task together. transform
will be something like uptodate+execon. Like execon it will invoke a
command for each file of a fileset, but it will know which files will
be produced by this and therefore skip all input files that are older
than their target files.

I hope I'll have something in the next two weeks (it should be ready
for Ant 1.3 in any case).

Stefan