ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RMIC dependency
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:33:09 GMT
Elardus Viljoen <elv@ucs.co.za> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> > Maybe it'a a problem that I'm using ant 1.1 and not 1.2?
>>
>> Could be. There have been some changes to Rmic after the 1.1
>> release, maybe one of them fixed the behavior you have seen.
>
> Unfortunately, not the solution...  Is the easiest way to write my
> own task that does a timestamp comparison?

No! Sorry, didn't want to shout.

The best - though maybe not easiest - you can do, is to find out why
it doesn't work (if you look at the code you'll see it *does* perform
timestamp comparisons).

I've never used rmic myself, if you could provide me with a simple
test environment (a couple of source/class files and a build file)
that shows this behavior, I'd be happy to help you nail down and fix
the bug.

But I'll need your help here as I don't really know how to set up an
environment like this.

Stefan