ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: javac task and classpath attribute
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 10:08:48 GMT

 JDD> On 10/31/00 8:33 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
 >>  There has been a short period of time back in April where they
 >> even were not allowed inside targets (i.e. they stopped being
 >> tasks).

 JDD> What was the compelling argument for going back to letting go
 JDD> everywhere? A message pointer would be fine.

Seems like memory got it backwards, sorry.

I remembered Sam changed something around that time. Going back CVS
logs, I see it was that he allowed properties to be placed _outside_
of targets again (patch to ProjectHelper revision 1.9 -> 1.10 from
2000-04-01).

So my previous claim was false and the correct way to put it would be:

"There has been a short period of time back in April where they were
not allowed outside targets, but apart from that they could always
live as direct children of project."

Stefan