ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running ant from another Java program?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:24:53 GMT
Robert A. Lentz <ralentz@ralentz.com> wrote:

> I have checked the FAQ and October mailing list archive (the archive
> really needs search capabilities...) but have not found anything
> appropriate for my question yet.

So you are using the wrong archive 8-). Try the one at
marc.theaimsgroup.com.

> Can anybody provide information on how to run the ant classes from
> another program?  What is the best entry point?  What do I need to
> set up?  How are messages passed back?

Take a look at org.apache.tools.ant.Main and
org.apache.tools.ant.Project. The concerns are not that well separated
between Main and Project, this is something that is going to change
for Ant2. For now Main seems to be the better place to start.

Stefan