ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Specifying location in <war> task
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:28:53 GMT
Martin Cooper <> wrote:

> I was going down exactly the same path not long ago, and posted the
> same question here. Unfortunately, the answer was that there is no
> way to do this in the current version of Ant.

Without using a temporary directory or being lucky, yes.

The current CVS sources (Ant 1.3alpha) are a different issue. There is
a nested <prefixedfileset> type that is the same as <fileset> but
allows to specify the place where you want to add it to the war file.

I'd appreciate if you (and anybody else interested in this feature)
replace of Ant 1.2 with the one from current CVS, recompiles
Ant and give it a try. The change really is isolated enough that
replacing that single file should do it.

The documentation for <war> in CVS has been updated as well.

View raw message