ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: 'filter' breaks up my images
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 09:12:47 GMT

 AS> Is this a bug, or perhaps I am doing something wrong??

A documentation bug I'd say. filtering treats files as text files
(reads them line by line and writes them line by line). This will
corrupt binary data on platforms where text files and binary files are
different beasts (DOS based systems for example).

And I think you can easily imagine what happens if your images
accidently hold a byte sequence that matches a filter token (unlikely
but possible).

The workaround is to use two copy tasks, one with filtering="on" and
include patterns that exactly match the files you want to do filter
replacements on. The second one would have filtering="false" and
exclude those files.

Stefan