ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: exec and launching separate tasks
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:08:19 GMT

 TD> I'd like to use the exec task but add an optional "wait"
 TD> attribute which would default to "true" (the current
 TD> implementation), but, if "false", would run the task in the
 TD> background.

This has popped up several times but has always been deferred because
other things seemed more important (at least this is how I have seen
it, I can't remember any opposition against it).

The easiest way to push this forward is to send a patch to ant-dev 8-).

Alternatively you can make a formal feature request in the bug
tracking system, maybe then it won't drop out of the developer's
memory as fast as it would otherwise.

Stefan