ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: PatternSets
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:08:36 GMT
William Ferguson <william@verveinc.com> wrote:

> Is this the problem with defining patternsets at same level as
> targets?  And we can't define them within a target? Except for
> within a fileset etc.

Right, unfortunately.

> SO how do I do it? Creat a dummy task that defines the patternset
> (but somehow does nothing) that I am sure is called everytime, but
> after my property definitions. So a dummy task in the init target ..

This is a workaround. Another one would be to not use <property> in an
init target but put them as children of <project> directly as well.

> It would also be a good time to fix up the attribute/description
> tables for patternsets & filesets so that they list include &
> exclude instead of includes & excludes.

include*s* and exclude*s* are the _attributes_ of patternset, the
nested _children_ are include and exclude. Is the documentation to XML
centric or what's wrong with it (not saying the documentation couldn't
be improved, quite the opposite).

Stefan