ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: "include" equivalnet in ant?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:29:08 GMT
Nico Seessle <Nico.Seessle@epost.de> wrote:

> and that works. Could not get it to work with file: if I remember
> correctly :-)

this might even be the wrong direction (using the file: prefix I mean,
I need to experiment a little more and ask some guys closer to the XML
parsers ...)

> From: "William Ferguson" <william@verveinc.com>

>> I know this is getting off-topic wrt Ant, but including build
>> excerpts within other build files seem like a good idea to me. So
>> would you mind explaining how this works:
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE project [
>>     <!ENTITY common SYSTEM "file:./common.xml">
>> ]>
>>
>> cause I can't seem to get it to find the included (commom.xml)
>> file.

Make sure you are using Ant 1.2, even Ant 1.2rc1 had problems with
this if your build file was not in your current working directory
(i.e. the directory you've invoked Ant from).

Stefan