ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fork problem with AIX
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:24:55 GMT
Stefan Schmitt <sschmitt@raleigh.ibm.com> wrote:

>> > /home/Ant/wep/tools/installer/src/build.xml:28: Execute failed:
>> > java.io.IOException: /home/Ant/Ant/bin/antRun: not found
>>
>> Did you set ANT_HOME to /home/Ant/Ant? Are you using the ant script
>> that comes with Ant or are you invoking Ant with a script of your
>> own?
>
> I set ANT_HOME to /home/Ant/Ant in my own script file which invokes
> Ant. I do not use the script that comes with Ant.

Then make sure your invocation of Ant includes -Dant.home=$ANT_HOME.

Setting ANT_HOME doesn't help unless you use Ant's own wrapper script,
because you cannot access the environment variable from within the
JVM. The wrapper script does exactly what I've said above.

> I think that the Runtime class mighty be the problem or is it
> possible that I have to set some special permissions to allow
> forking on AIX?

Don't think so. The message quite clearly says it couldn't find
/home/Ant/Ant/bin/antRun (which obviously means Ant knows ANT_HOME,
silly me). Does this file exist? Is it executable for the user that is
invoking Ant?

Stefan