ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: installation question
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:00:55 GMT
<alexey@eveo.com> wrote:

> This has probably been brought up a million times before on this
> list

Not really.

> I unzipped the original binary file, set the ANT_HOME environment
> variable and realized a lot of the commands weren't being found
> (fileset, patternset, etc.).

The "original binary file" being the binary release of Ant 1.2, right?

Why do you think it doesn't find fileset or patternset? Could you show
us a build file that fails? Neither fileset nor patternset are
commands (tasks in Ant lingo), they define data types and they are not
allowed to be child elements of <target>.

> I tried to see if I could run bootstrap target from the build.xml
> file that comes with ant.

The bootstrap target is not self contained. The source distribution
contains a file bootstrap.bat - not sure about the binary distribution
- that you should use to bootstrap Ant.

Stefan