ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat Sample Doesn't Build
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:51:04 GMT
Ron Alcasid <ralcasid@mac.com> wrote:

> I am try to build the Hello World sample that comes with Tomcat 3.1
> but I am not having any luck.  I get these error messages...
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Project base dir set to: /Users/ralcasid/documents/sample
> The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute.
> The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute.
> Executing Target: prepare
> Copying 3 files to /Library/Tomcat/webapps/myapp
> BUILD FATAL ERROR: srcdir does not exist!

This is a very old version of Ant, it doesn't even support ant
-version, right? In Ant 1.2 you'd be facing even more problems with
this build file (Tomcat 3.1 is very old and Ant has changed
considerably after that - I'm aware that 3.1 is the latest released
version of Tomcat though). What looks like the problem to me:

>   <target name="compile" depends="prepare" init="init">
>     <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
>            classpath="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
>            debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off"/>
>   </target>

I guess, there is no directory named src in your environment.

Cheers

        Stefan