ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't open build.xml
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:33:27 GMT
Maximilian Rehm <m.rehm@netnolix.com> wrote:

> I've installed the jdk1.3, tomcat 3.1 and ant 1.2 on Win2K Prof and
> I believe that I have set the envrironment variables correctly.

The build files shipping with Tomcat 3.1 won't work with Ant 1.2 as
Ant has changed quite a bit since Tomcat 3.1 has been released, so be
prepared to go through a lot of changes.

> However, when executing ant from the c prompt in my current
> development directory I get the following error message.

> Buildfile: build.xml
> BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Can't open config file: build.xml due to:
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: com.sun.xml.parser/P-031 <

This is the parsers funny way to say "there is a syntactic error in
your build file. Unfortuantely I don't know how to tell you where, as
your locale is not supported by my error message printer".

I have no idea how to change the locale on Win2K (not even if it'd be
wise to recommend something like this). I vaguely remeber there was a
missing closing ">" in one of the example buildfiles of Tomcat 3.1.

Stefan