ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Add Manifest to existing jar
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 08:34:05 GMT

 DH> Hi, does anyone have an idea how I can do a

 DH> 'jar ufm <my existing jarfile> <my manifest file>'

 DH> I wouldn't really mind unjaring and rejaring the file to add the
 DH> manifest, but I would have to merge my existing manifest with the
 DH> weblogic generated one.

I'm afraid this is your only option. Probably <jlink> could be
improved to help here (allowing you to leave out the unjar step, but
it does ignore META-INF at the moment).

So what you need to do is to unjar your file, delete it, merge in your
MANIFEST (which will need some special magic Ant doesn't provide yet)
and rejar everything.

Stefan