ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fork problem with AIX
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:38:13 GMT
Stefan Schmitt <sschmitt@raleigh.ibm.com> wrote:

>> What does it do? What do you expect? What is wrong?
> 1. It creates a file with the name install.class
>
> 2. I expected that it should create this class and add some
> recources to this class. I mean that finaly the install.class file
> is a large binary file which bases upon the original install.class
> file but also includes all needed recources. (Some gifs, class and
> zip files which it needs during installation.
>
> 3.Wrong? I only get a copy of the original file.
>
> I tried it with <exec> and <java>. But everytime the same result.
>
> The problem of the addclass Class is that I define which files
> should be added to a classfile. This filter refers to the directory
> where addclass is called from. I used the dir attribute of <exec>
> and of <java> but I does not get my expected output. Could you
> explain how the dir attribute works or if there is something else
> which changes the current working directory.

Basically dir causes a "cd dir" before the command is executed (which
will not work when using <java> in no-fork mode).

Maybe you are passing relative filenames to the command and they don't
get resolved relative to the directory you want them to refer to?

Does the command line that ant -verbose shows work when you invoke it
inside the specified dir?

Stefan