ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exec args and quotes
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:16:36 GMT
Javier Keller <jkeller@spm.de> wrote:

>> ... Ant will pass the argument to value to the command as an single
>> argument, using quotes to prevent it from being broken into tokens.
>
> isn't the value attribute obsolote then? when could such a feature
> be applied?

quite the opposite. line should be obsolete if any.

Sometimes you want to specify an argument that contains spaces (name
of a file in C:\Program Files ...) and the only way to do so was
quoting them yourself before the nested arg element came along.

> A suggestion for the os attribute: what about executing the task in
> all os's that contain the given string in its name? And what about
> making it case insensitive?
>
> For example:
> 	<exec ... os="windows" />
> would execute on windows NT, Windows 2000, etc...

Actually this is what I thought it did - before I reread the code.

+1 from me.

Stefan