ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ritendra Sinha" <>
Subject Unable to run EJB Jar Task ..
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:33:23 GMT

Can anyone there tell me what is it that I could be doing wrong even when there are no error
messages got back from the ejbjar task.

I am trying to build multiple ejbs under weblogic. I have written my build script so that
it does the following:

<property name="classpath" value="lib/ant.jar;c:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp6.jar;c:\weblogic\classes;c:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar"

<prepare...creates the directories>
<compile.. compile all the java files (java and ejb files) and put them into a directory
called "build">

the directory "build" now contains a package structure:

<property name="description.dir"  value= "C:\mymodule\build" />
(All the xml scripts that are necessary are there for each ejb.. such as catalog\ejb-jar.xml,
control\ejb-jar.xml, etc)

now I try and build the ejbjar...

 <target name="wlejb" depends="compile">
     <ejbjar srcdir="${build}" descriptordir="${descriptor.dir}">
          <weblogic destdir="${deployjars.dir}" classpath="${classpath}" />
          <include name="**/*-ejb-jar.xml" />
          <exclude name="**/*weblogic-ejb-jar.xml" />

The ant build script does not give any errors and when it comes to do the ejbjar task it simply
walks through without giving any messages.

I check the location deployjars.dir but that is empty.

If I remove the <exclude name="**/*weblogic-ejb-jar.xml" /> from the wlejb task then
I get the following error message

simple.xml:49: SAXException while parsing 'catalog\weblogic-ejb-jar.xml'. This probably indicates
nal entity not found: "".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: External entity not found: "
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.fatal(
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.externalParameterEntity(
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeDoctypeDecl(
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(

What am i doing wrong?

destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

View raw message