ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dean Holdren" <dhold...@timecruiser.com>
Subject RE: ddcreator/ejbc and "args attribute deprecated"
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:06:56 GMT
I got the latest nightly build (date is Nov 15th, correct?)  And I made the
necessary adjustments to my ejbc task.  However, it still does not place the
correct path in front of the .ser file, it still places nothing in front of
it.

exactly what I would like to see in my manifest file is:
Junk/deployment/JunkDD.ser.
since in my .jar file I have all files in their complete package
directories.
i.e. the Bean class is in Junk/server/JunkBean.class inside the .jar, and
it's full class name is Junk.server.JunkBean

the physical locations of the files is correct in the local directories, and
in my .jar file, the problem is only with the manifest file, which does not
have the correct location of the .ser file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 9:13 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: ddcreator/ejbc and "args attribute deprecated"

Dean,

I have fixed, in CVS, the problem of the deprecated usage of the args
attribute. You should not see that warning anymore.

I have also changed both ddcreator and ejbc to respect the descriptor
hierarchy. This means that the generated .ser file will now be placed at
the same hierarchical position in the "dest" directory as the .txt file
appears in the "descriptors" directory. Similarly the manifest entry
will contain the correct hierarchy information.

For your example, however, I would just like to be clear what you want
to see in the manifest file. If it is deployment/JunkDD.ser, then you
will need to adjust your ejbc task as follows

<ejbc descriptors="${src}" src="${src}" dest="${build}"
      manifest="${src}${dd.dir}/manifest" classpath="${classpath}">
     <include name="**/*DD.ser" />
</ejbc>

Note that for this to work, you will need to use a nightly build which
contains the updates I have made.

Conor