ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dean Holdren" <dhold...@timecruiser.com>
Subject newbie question
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:14:43 GMT
Hi, I have just started using ant, and I am very interested in it.  I just
have one general question, maybe it's too broad.
If I run ant.bat from the location of the build.xml, it will (attempt) to
build the entire project.  How would I go about allowing for sectional
compiles, i.e. just certain (sub)packages?  Currently we use makefiles, each
directory has a makfile in it which contains references to the immediate
child directories and the TOPDIR (if 4 levels down, ../../../..).  This way
we can call make from any point in the directory/package tree and it will
compile everything in the current dir and everything below it.

How would I go about doing this in ant?  Would I have to have build.xml
files for every directory in the directory tree?

Dean Holdren
Timecruiser Computing Corp.
(973)244-7856 x154
Business: dholdren@timecruiser.com