ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject RE: <ejbjar> question
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:27:58 GMT

Can you try the latest nightly build. It has some new code to reduce the
number of times ejbc is run. Can you run that as

ant -verbose

There should then be some output as to why ejbjar is rerunning things.

Conor MacNeill
Cortex eBusiness
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bailey []
Sent: Tuesday, 14 November 2000 6:57
To: ''
Subject: <ejbjar> question

Hi all,

here I am with yet another <ejbjar /> question. . . .

how does the ejbjar element determine that an ejb.jar is up to date?  In
other words, my current build file is always rebuilding all my ejb jars but
I would like it to only build (or rebuild) ejb jars that are either new and
/ or updated?

I am sure I am just overlooking something simple.

The targets in question looks like:

  <target . . . >
    <!-- compile the src files for the ejb's and place them in the
${build.dir} -->

  <target . . . >
    <ejbjar srcdir="${build.dir}/ejb" destdir="${dist.dir}/ejb"
      <weblogic destdir="${dist.dir}/ejb" compiler="jikes" classpath=" . .
." />
      <include name="**/*-ejb-jar.xml" />
      <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml" />

  <target . . .>
    <!-- dump the ${build.dir}  ->

I tried not deleting the ${build.dir} but it seemed to rebuild everything
regardless of what was contained in that directory.

Thanks for any insight that can be provided :)

View raw message