ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: Ejbc with iPlanet 6.0 application server?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:30:41 GMT
Steve,

The ejbjar task is structured so that it can be extended to cover vendor
specific deployment tools. The bulk of the work is generic and a nested
element controls the vendor specific part. So, for weblogic, the task is
used as

<ejbjar ...>
    <weblogic .../>
</ejbjar ...>

The idea is that someone will write the nexted element for the other app
servers so that, for iplanet, for example, we would have

<ejbjar ...>
    <iplanet .../>
</ejbjar>

or even

<ejbjar ...>
    <weblogic .../>
    <iplanet .../>
</ejbjar ...>

if you wanted to create two deployment jars for the different app servers.

To answer your specific questions. I know of no iPlanet tasks. Using exec
commands usually does not provide the control you really want such as
checking whether beans are out of date. Rather than writing your own
taskdef, it would be good if you wrote the nested element for iplanet that
works in the current ejbjar task.

If you can send me the <exec> stuff you are currently using, I can have a
look at how iplanet might fit into the ejbjar task. Also, please read the
documentation for the ejbjar task as see if it fits your needs
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/jakarta-ant/docs/ejb.html#ejbjar

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill