ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Maccariella" <tm...@sengen.com>
Subject RE: subject line
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:07:52 GMT
Just turn on the "TO" field in Outlook.  That way you can see that the
messages are not sent directly to you.  This column is not displayed by
default.

-Tom

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jonathan Carlson [mailto:jcarlson@is.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 10:32 AM
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: subject line

  Thanks for the suggestion of automatically sending the ant messages to an
  ant folder.  I could do this (Outlook 98 has this capability) but then I
  wouldn't be able to screen the messages as they come in.  I would have to
  constantly go to the ant folder and see if there are new messages.

  It seems like a basic, simple, considerate practice to have the mail list
  server prefix the subject with [ant-user].  Every other mailing
  list I am on
  prefixes their subject lines, there should be no reason (at least
  in my mind
  :-) why this one can't as well.

  Thanks again for the suggestions.  I assume there is someone at
  Apache that
  could turn this feature on.  I'd just like to know who it is.

  Jonathan