ant-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Carlson <jcarl...@is.com>
Subject RE: subject line
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:31:35 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion of automatically sending the ant messages to an
ant folder.  I could do this (Outlook 98 has this capability) but then I
wouldn't be able to screen the messages as they come in.  I would have to
constantly go to the ant folder and see if there are new messages.

It seems like a basic, simple, considerate practice to have the mail list
server prefix the subject with [ant-user].  Every other mailing list I am on
prefixes their subject lines, there should be no reason (at least in my mind
:-) why this one can't as well.

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I assume there is someone at Apache that
could turn this feature on.  I'd just like to know who it is.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: glennm@ca.ibm.com [mailto:glennm@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:51 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: subject line

Does your mailer not have the ability to filter messages?  If it does, just
pipe everything coming from

ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
jakarta-ant-cvs@apache.org

(in both the to: and cc: lines)  into a separate folder.  I do that, and
I'm sure most other poeple do as well.

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

To:   "'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  subject line

Where is the appropriate place to request that all ant messages have an
[ant-user] prefix in the subject line?  It is *very* *very* annoying to me
that I cannot easily distinguish ant-user mailing list messages from my
personal messages.  I have ignored or deleted messages that were important
to me because I thought they were ant messages that I couldn't read at the
time.

Anyone know who to contact?  Thanks!  :-)

Jonathan

Jonathan Carlson,  Software Developer
jcarlson@is.com

Such ever was loves way: to rise, it stoops.
     - Robert Browning