ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ron J. Green, Jr." <rgr...@austin.rr.com>
Subject RE: Help with exec
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:32:56 GMT
That did the trick. I needed to specify "Windows 2000" exactly for it to
work. I also had assumed that the "os" property was the relevant property
(based upon the attribute name), not "os.name".

A big thanks for the assistance.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: jmone@ebsdr.com [mailto:jmone@ebsdr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 12:26 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Help with exec

The 'os' designation appears to require the precise value of the 'os.name'
project property, including proper case.  Run ant with the -debug switch to
determine the particular setting for Windows 2000.

For instance, if:

os.name -> Windows NT

... then the following is true:

<exec executable="dir" os="Windows"> ...     <- bypassed
<exec executable="dir" os="windows nt"> ...  <- bypassed
<exec executable="dir" os="Windows NT"> ...  <- executed

John