ant-user mailing list archives

From "Armstrong, Robert" <Robert.Armstr...@Winwin.com>
Subject ant breaking w/ lots of files?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 19:47:23 GMT
I posted this a week or so ago without much response. I've since upgraded to
Ant 1.2 and the problem still seems to be occurring. I had a fully
functional ant buildfile that suddenly broke one day when I reached about
700 source files. I compile them all in one fell swoop to avoid untangling
all the dependencies.

Ant/Java somehow fails to load in all of my packages/classes and even though
the package directory structure is correct it fails to find several packages
which causes the whole build to fail.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior? Is there a hardcoded
limitation within Ant for the number of files it can compile at once?

I'm running under Solaris with JDK 1.2.2_05a and Ant 1.2.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

robert