ant-user mailing list archives

From "Schaible, Joerg" <>
Subject RE: <exec os="??">
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:54:15 GMT
SunOS is at least what "uname -s" says...

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Thompson []
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 12:14 AM
To: ''
Subject: RE: <exec os="??">

warning warning - Sun changed this between Java 1.1 and 1.2. On a 1.1 system
it will say Solaris ! (on Solaris 2.6 at least). On 1.2 it will say SunOS -
on 1.3 who can say?

Of course, if its not documented in the first place then I guess they didn't
break documented behaviour :-)

Only took me two hours to figure out why my app wouldn't even start up on
JDK 1.2 first time I ran it...

Andrew Thompson    :: A little bigger on the inside
Software Developer :: Quidnunc
I am the cat who walks through walls, all places and all times are alike to

View raw message