ant-user mailing list archives

From emount...@amadeus.net
Subject Re: Property Checking In Build File
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 12:25:03 GMT
What is the significance of "," in your example?  AND or OR (to name 2
possibilities)?  It's not obvious.  For the use of more obvious operators, refer
to archives of this list or ant-dev.

Cheers,
Eric

From: G Ramasubramani <grama@aztec.soft.net>  on 07/11/2000 23:48 GMT

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

|--------->
|         |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |                                                                           |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|To:      |
|--------->
  |ant-user@jakarta.apache.org                                                |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|cc:      |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  | (bcc: Eric Mountain/NCE/AMADEUS)                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|         |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |                                                                           |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|Subject: |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |Re: Property Checking In Build File                                        |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|

Why should this be complexity?  The srcdir parameter in the javac task
accepts a colon separated list of directories, the includes/excludes
supports a comma separated list and a few other parameters support this
concept of comma separated list.

    Not having a comma separated list seems to be against the grain.

    Something like

        <target name="cantdosomething"
unless="property1,property2,property3">

    would be immensely helpful and would not introduce any element of
complexity - at least in the usage :-)

thanks,
Rama