ant-user mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: subject line
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 16:20:24 GMT

> I have a filter set up in Outlook 98, and have all Ant (user
> group) related
> messages automatically moved to my 'Ant' folder.  I don't have to keep
> switching to the 'Ant' folder to see if there's anything new,
> because I've
> enabled the View | Folder List option.  Any time there are
> new messages, the
> folder name is bolded, and the quantity of new messages sits
> to the right of
> the folder name: i.e. (bold)"Ant (24)"  If all messages are
> read, the name
> is presented in standard typeface and reads as normal, "Ant"
>
> So, there's a way you wouldn't have to 'constantly go to the
> ant folder ...'
>
> Doesn't matter to me if there is a subject prefix or not,
> since I'm already
> filtering them to an appropriate location anyway.

+1, this works for me too.  However, I do have trouble with a few messages
not getting filtered because they come in address to "Ant" or "Ant Devel" or
other names that people must have aliased to jakarta-user@...  Have you
found a work around for this besides adding more cases to the filtering
rule?

K.C.