ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Bailey <JBai...@digitalboardwalk.com>
Subject <ejbjar> question
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:56:37 GMT
Hi all,

here I am with yet another <ejbjar /> question. . . .

how does the ejbjar element determine that an ejb.jar is up to date?  In
other words, my current build file is always rebuilding all my ejb jars but
I would like it to only build (or rebuild) ejb jars that are either new and
/ or updated?

I am sure I am just overlooking something simple.

The targets in question looks like:

  <target . . . >
    <!-- compile the src files for the ejb's and place them in the
${build.dir} -->
  </target>

  <target . . . >
    <ejbjar srcdir="${build.dir}/ejb" destdir="${dist.dir}/ejb"
descriptordir="${src.dir}/ejb/meta-inf">
      <weblogic destdir="${dist.dir}/ejb" compiler="jikes" classpath=" . .
." />
      <include name="**/*-ejb-jar.xml" />
      <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml" />
    </ejbjar>
  </target>

  <target . . .>
    <!-- dump the ${build.dir}  ->
  </target>

I tried not deleting the ${build.dir} but it seemed to rebuild everything
regardless of what was contained in that directory.

Thanks for any insight that can be provided :)

Jeff