ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: why can references only be defined at the target level?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:26:34 GMT
On 10/31/00 10:24 AM, "Jay Glanville" <dickon@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

> Boy, when your subject line says it all ...
>
> Basically, I'd like to have an "initialize" target, and in that target,
> define some of the common variables (pops, references) that all the other
> targets will be using.  However, all references have to be defined at the
> target level (i.e.: they can't be defined within a target).  Any particular
> reason for this?

Properties that are global (which they all should be imnsho) should be
defined at the leaf of the project, and not at any lower level. There's
nothing, however, wrong with having tasks in an initialization target
manipulate the global property collection.

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()