ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <>
Subject Re: javac task and classpath attribute
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:26:33 GMT
On 10/31/00 8:33 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <> wrote:

> VD> What surprised me is that <property> CAN live outside a target,
> VD> since it is a task, and I thought all tasks need to be inside of
> VD> targets.
> There has been a short period of time back in April where they even
> were not allowed inside targets (i.e. they stopped being tasks).

Damn my work life for taking away my Ant bandwidth earlier this year! :)

I'd like to see properties go strictly to being defined at the project
level. What was the compelling argument for going back to letting go
everywhere? A message pointer would be fine.

James Duncan Davidson
                                                                  !try; do()

View raw message