ant-user mailing list archives

From "Proetel, Ingo" <iproe...@SELECTICA.com>
Subject RE: Combining PatternSets with Path elements
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:33:45 GMT

> Note, your syntax for using references to patternsets is not valid
> (you can not use refid and nested patterns in the same element, make
> that two separate patternsets).

Actually I was aware that this does not work (I tried it ;-)
I wanted to bring this up more as a new feature request.
Your solution works if you want to exclude something, but it does not work
the other way. In my example the the clean target is the problem:

<target name="clean" >
  <delete>
    <patternset refid="packages" >
      <!-- this would include all .class files in the patternset only -->
      <include name="**/*.class" />
    </patternset>
  </delete>
</target>

Is there a way I can do something like this ?

Thanks
ingo