ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey" <ale...@eveo.com>
Subject installation question
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:38:58 GMT
This has probably been brought up a million times before on this list, but
I'm new to ant, so here it goes.

I'm trying to install ant on my 2000 machine and it appears the bootstrap
mechanism is not working.  I unzipped the original binary file, set the
ANT_HOME environment variable and realized a lot of the commands weren't
being found (fileset, patternset, etc.).  I thought I had downloaded the
version that did not need to be built, and ant.jar does seem to have the
appropriate task class files.  I tried to see if I could run bootstrap
target from the build.xml file that comes with ant.  It failed with this
message:

C:\jakarta-ant\lib\build.xml:87: srcdir "C:\jakarta-ant\lib\src\main" does
not exist!

Am I missing something here?  I looked at the source files and was unable to
compile them because they seem to be referring to some external packages I
can't find anywhere.  Does this make any sense?

Alexey Zinger