ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris.K...@Level3.com
Subject RE: Length of Variable Limit?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:36:54 GMT
I am using Cygwin on NT with java 1.2.2.  I get a length error when the
total length of the java command is greater than 1072 - including options,
classpaths, everything.  The point of failure is before ant is invoked.  I
do not believe that java is invoked.  Something about NT, Cygwin, something
else.  Anyone know the cause?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Duncan Davidson [mailto:duncan@x180.com]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 6:14 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Length of Variable Limit?

On 11/13/00 2:21 PM, "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "Gavin M. Bell" <cue@nextobjects.com> wrote:
>>     I have a build file where I am setting a classpath variable.  It
>> seems as if there is some limite to the size of the value, I guess more
>> exacly the length of the variable.  Has anyone encountered this
>> "feature" and does anyone have a way to fix this...
>
> How long is it? I have one that's 930 chars with no problem.

Wow. That's one heck of a classpath. :)

There should be no limit to the variable size, iirc, unless the tools that
javac and jar call implement some limit -- which would surprise me, but
wouldn't be out of the question.

Where's the point of failure? What task, etc.

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()