ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Tilly <JTi...@hoteltools.com>
Subject RE: Deleting directories
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 21:59:32 GMT
Is there not enough functionality in the WAR target to do what you want
outside of a WEB-INF structure?  I know this doesn't answer your real
question, but I wanted to throw that out.

Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: Kitching Simon [mailto:Simon.Kitching@orange.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 11:55 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Deleting directories

Hi,

While upgrading from ant1.1 to ant1.2, I struck this problem I can't fix.

I have a structure like:

WEB-INF/classes (with one file, info.txt)
WEB-INF/classes/CVS
WEB-INF/classes/pkg1/...
WEB-INF/classes/pkg2/...

I want my "clean" target to delete any subdirectory of WEB-INF/classes
except the CVS directory.
I don't want it to delete the info.txt file in WEB-INF/classes.

I don't want to have to specify exactly what package directories might end
up in WEB-INF/classes.

It seems simple enough : delete every subdirectory of a directory (except
excluded dir CVS).
However, I just can't figure out the secret. I've tried:

(1)
<delete dir="WEB-INF/classes"/>

doesn't work; it deletes the whole classes directory.

(2)
<delete>
  <fileset dir="WEB-INF/classes" includes="*" excludes="info.txt/>
</delete>

Doesn't delete anything.

Any suggestions???

Many thanks,