ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Patti <cpa...@atg.com>
Subject RE: Version question
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:25:38 GMT
At 09:39 AM 11/3/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Chris,
>
>If you're concerned about stability, use Ant 1.2, and check it into source
>control along with everything else.  That way you can "play" with later
>versions of Ant in branches without threatening the stability of your build.
>When you're ready to move to a new version of Ant (maybe 1.3 by then!
>*grin*), just rev the version of Ant in source control in sync with whatever
>changes you need to make to your build files, and treat it as part of a
>release.
>
>Cheers,
>David

Thanks for the tip;  This will come in handy later when we actually start
using Ant for real and need to keep in sync with ant development.

We're not even there yet :) I'm the solitary person working with Ant here
right now.

I'm more just wondering which version of Ant I should be *looking at* more
than how to keep production builds out of development release's way.

Thanks
-Chris