ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Patti <cpa...@atg.com>
Subject Version question
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 16:25:29 GMT
Hi guys;

My organization is seriously thinking about using Ant as our new build system.

I'm still by far in the R&D phase, and am concerned that if I use the
currently released version that by the time we deploy the architecture will
have changed significantly (e.g. watching the mail about the new task
system etc)

Should I be playing with a development release? PLEASE note 'play' I won't
be deploying this or using it in production at all, so I can cope with bugs
etc.

If so what should I grab and from where?

Thanks very much.

-Chris
(P.S. I realize to a certain extent that "If you have to ask, use the
released version" but it's too important to risk guessing :)
(P.P.S. WRT my earlier post about jmake, I was wrong, jmake also does
dependency checking so I guess I'll just have to exec it fron Ant)