ant-user mailing list archives

From John Santos-Ocampo <>
Subject Exec & Winrar (using RAR command line)
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 01:28:39 GMT

I'm building a simple ANT file which uses Winrar to create an archive file.
Using Windows 2000, the command line command is as follows (for example):

c:\>rar a c:\t c:\test.doc

This command creates an archive file named t.rar in the c: directory.

Wouldn't the corresponding ANT script be like this?

<target name="compress" depends="prepare">
      <exec executable="rar" os="windows"/>
      <arg value="a c:\t c:\test.doc"/>

I get the following message when I run this script:

Could not create task of type: arg because I can't find it in the list of
task class definitions.  Common solutions are: 1 execute bin/bootstrap. 2
use taskdef to declare your task. 3 add the task to

I'd appreciate anyone who can help (I'm relatively new at this).

View raw message