ant-user mailing list archives

From Markus Albrecht <>
Subject How to add/update files in a tar file?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:07:35 GMT
Hello Ant Users!

I've a project setup where I collect files from two different locations
for a release build.
Currently I'm using a jar file a release file.
And in the build.xml file for the ant I just included two fileset
elements and this works pretty well:
		<jar jarfile="release.jar">
			<fileset dir="${home1}">
			<fileset dir="${home2}">
Although I'd like to switch to a tar file, since it preservers access
rights for unix systems.
How can I build a tar file to which to include two filesets as in the
jar case.
Or, optionally set up two tar commands where the second command
adds/updates the existing tar file.
How can I add/update to an existing tar file more files?

Can anyone help me on this?
Markus Albrecht

Fortune of the day:
"The identical is equal to itself, since it is different."
		-- Franco Spisani

View raw message