ant-user mailing list archives

From Elardus Viljoen <...@ucs.co.za>
Subject Re: RMIC dependency
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 07:34:22 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> > I have some class files that needs to be rmic'd - but only when
> > changed (been recompiled).  The javac task only compiles changed
> > sources.  Is there possibly a solution that produces similar results
> > when using the rmic task?
>
> <rmic> is supposed to do exactly this (only rmic files that are newer
> than the corresponding _Stub or _Skel files). It expects base to point
> to the compiled class files, not the sources. Are you using it that
> way?

Yes.  For each of my classes that is rmic'd:

  <rmic base="${classes.build}"
    stubversion="1.2"
    classname="foo.bar.baz"
  />

where ${classes.build} is where my compiled classes live.

It's a segment inside my compile task.  But while the sources doesn't get
recompiled (timestamp not changed), the stubs has a newer timestamp after
each successive compile task run.  Maybe it'a a problem that I'm using
ant 1.1 and not 1.2?

Regards.
Elardus