ant-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <ran...@befunk.com>
Subject Re: Truncated filenames?!?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 18:12:27 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> The problem is that the POSIX standard only allows 100 chars in the
> filenames stored in tar. GNU tar of course ignores this and can store
> longer filenames br breaking the standard but the java code does not do

Ahh, OK.  I'm suprised it's not already doing the >100 ones, considering
java's propensity for deeply nested structures.  Oh well.  :P

> this. This has bit me a few times and I would love to see a "emulate GNU
> tar" option but never been motivated enough to do it ;) The source code is
> in ant so feel free to have a hack ;)

I would love to, but I don't (yet) know java, so I'm not much help.
Someday, time permitting...  :)

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/