ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.2: exec and execOn tasks: List of os names not apparently documented
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 01:38:00 GMT
At 11:42  22/11/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Where exactly is the list of permissble OS's (values of os attribute)
>contained with the ANT 1.2 javadocs? I don't seem to be able to find
>any.

I don't recall seeing any documentation for it. The problem is that the
number of values is OS/JVM specific. To check your own platform run ant
with verbose flag and it will display current OS string. Ones I know exist
include
"Linux"
"Windows 98"
"Windows 98SEX" (Windows 98 Special Edition - not sure what the X stands
for and only occurs on some 98SE machines)
"Windows NT"
"Windows 2000"

Cheers,

Pete